this was a facebook Meme thing. but i figured i would posted it here too cause i wasted too much time writing it and haven't posted anything in ages.
25 things about me
1. I love to cook. Actually I just love making things. Any thing.
2. I can do a lot with a little. I just need to know the basics of how to do something, and I can figure out the rest. It is my approach to cooking, theatre, art. Once I have the basic understanding of how things work, I try to find a way to make them dance.
3. I have a learning disability. Disgraphsia. It is related to written work, Focus, Math, spelling, that sort of thing.
4. I love academia, but Im a lousy academic. I got thru university with creativity, curiosity, and passion. My profs liked my unique approaches to and takes on the subject matter. My papers where badly written, but always interesting. I never got good at the school game, so I decided one day to start playing my own. Strangely enough, one of my favorite profs once told me I should be a writer, also when I informed him I got into NTS he said the world needs more artists than academics.
5. I have a Love\Hate Relationship with Technical theatre. Part of me loves the Mechanics, and finding out ways to make things possible, Make theatre Possible, but at the same time I don’t like the strict organization, and hierarchy, that goes along with it, especially in commercial theatre environments.I understand its purpose, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it. It takes People to make theatre, and I sometimes think that gets forgotten. I don’t want to be a theatre technician, I want to make theatre.
6, My child hood heros where Superman, Indiana Jones, and Raphael of the ninja turtles.
7. My Drinks of choice are, Strong bow Apple cider, Any type of frothy Cream ale(Kilkenny), or honey brown, Whisky strait, India beer (miss you, come to Montreal) or Guinness in a pint glass at a pub. Guinness has to be drunk in a pub under the right social circumstances. If Im having a pint of Guinness, it means I like you. I bought some caned Guinness recently to make stew. I may give it a try, but I have doubts..
8. I Want to form a production company. The main reason I am here at NTS, is to gain the knowledge that I need to be able to do this. I want to be flexible enough to babble to both produce my own work, and help other people produce theirs.
9. Some times I worry I will be a lousy technician, for the same reasons I was a lousy Academic.
10. I miss Newfoundland tremendously. There are people there I love, and something special about the place itself. I miss the air, the ocean. Not being able to see or hear the ocean is driving me a bit nuts. it is like the air is empty. Don’t get me wrong, I do love it Here in Montreal, and it has given me so much. It’s a really cool city, And I live in cool apartment with the woman im spending the rest of my life with. I have Love and Challenges, 2 of my favorite things, but home will always be home.
11. 3 years ago I NEVER would have saw myself where I Am. Living in an apartment in Montreal, Engaged and going to the National Theatre School. I was in a very different place. A rather depressing lonely place.
12. Clowning Saved my life
13. Choice is the single most powerful force in the universe. Choice makes you late for the bus, confuses statistics, and topples empires. One day I chose to be confidant. The next day I was.
14. Im easily taken advantages of, and always know when I am, but do it anyway, because in the end I know you wouldn’t do it if you didn’t have to. And it is in my nature to help when I can, and sometimes when I can’t. I sometimes wonder if you have number 6 to thank for that.
15. I Can’t lie. I have tried. It doesn’t end well.
16.I have an obsession with Crows, Wolves, and the number 13.
17. Sporty spice was always my favorite. I didn’t even listen to them and I had a favorite. What does that say about the late 90's....or me.
18. Peanut butter is one of my favorite things in the universe.
19.part of me still wants to be a film maker. There was a time when I was full speed ahead going to be one. Now I feel like that’s a part of my life that’s missing. I guess I just want to be everything.
20.I have a bad feeling both my eyesight, and memory are getting worse.
21. Im in Love with Women. You are beautiful, and powerful, and have a strength most men will never know. I have always felt more comfortable around women, more free to be myself. I don’t romanticize, or idolize you, I have known to many to think your perfect. I just have a profound love in all senses of that word for women.
22. I am also in love with a Woman. The wonderful miss Jennifer Alice Trites. The woman Im going to marry. Loving you has changed my life in wonderful and powerful ways.
23. I love Poetry.
24. Right now, although Life and school has many challenges, I feel like Im not being Intellectually challenged. I miss that part of my life. I miss the poetry, change, theory and mystery over good coffee with good company. I also miss reading.
25.I can make three loops with my tongue